Sunday 28 October 2012

Moogerfooger switch box

For a while I've had my 'fooger MF-101 Low Pass Filter's envelope output connected to the frequency input of the MF-102 Ring Modulator. It makes some very nice noises, but I'd like to have the option to disconnect the link mid-song, to get normal ring mod. There's a small space on my board between these two pedals so I decided to see if I could make a simple box with a footswitch, using bits I already had.

This is the circuit:


I added a pot to allow the level of the envelope signal to be reduced, but not turned off altogether. There's also an LED so that I can see whether the connection is closed or open.

For some reason, I've got a small wooden box that previously had tea in. It fits the available space and is also a bit taller than the 'foogers themselves - ideal for a footswitch that is going to live behind other pedals. It'll also be easy to make holes in:


Some drilling and soldering later, this is what I ended up with:


On the board:


Finished, with some velcro underneath:


In context:

I ought to post some recordings. Don't hold your breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment